Monday 19 March 2012

To Infinity and Beyond!



Here is my version of the ever so popular Galaxy nails!

These are my absolute favourite nail art creation to date I am sooooo pleased with how they have turned out and I wish I was going to some kind of space themed party so I could spray myself silver and have galaxy themed eyeshadow to match!!!

For the base colour I used 1 coat of Collection 2000 in "Metallic Grey Blue 228".  i bought this one off Ebay for like £2 to use with my Konad set as its apparently a fab stamping polish.  But i haven't got round to using it until now and its SO nice!!  Its the perfect base colour for galaxy nails and the best thing is you only need 1 coat and it is totally opaque

I then tore a little bit of a makeup sponge off and used it to dab a line of faint white polish across my nails, using a Natural Collection white polish
I then did the same with my Kiko in "Yellow no.4" down the middle of the white line
Then to one side of the line I dabbed a little of Revlon "Teak Rose"
The trick is to use just a little bit of each polish to get a blurry effect

Next you need to use a dark blue thin polish to blend in the colours to the "sky" base coat.  You do this by dabbing either side of your colourful line..  I used Maybelline Express Finish in "Notorious Navy" mine has gone kind of watery which is good for this as you only need a little bit

You then need to add a few "stars".  I used my tiniest dotting tool (you can use a toothpick) to create tiny white dots and then a larger dotting tool for bigger dots

Finish this off with a coat of sparkly polish - I used China Glaze in "Nova" which is a silver glitter polish - and then use 1 thick coat of Seche Vite to seal in your design

Sorry this is a long winded one.. next time I think I will photograph each step to make it easier

I hope you think my Galaxy nails are "out of this world" Ha Ha!!
L xx

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like very nice! cool!

    www.mysweetstrawberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Please follow my blog via GFC and I will check yours out!

      Delete
  3. I love your nails :)
    great post!

    bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much I am learning!!! Please follow my blog via GFC and I will check yours out!

      Delete

I read all your lovely comments and will always try to reply!!
I am happy for you to leave your blog address for me to check out and follow you back!! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...